Lunch Should Be Longer

Work, Home, Rest, and Play...it's always a great day at work...

Wednesday, January 30, 2002

hmm. you know folks, i thought i was in the middle of this whole argument but i guess i really have nothing to do with anything. scott, you've got a lot of good points.

let me say, when i mention "truth of the human experience", i refer to the good and the bad. the occasional triumph of good vs evil. the survival of a person's ideals under pressure. and you know what? i think all of us listen to music because we enjoy it.

and in response to the brand-new post from jen, regarding artists who say "Please do not listen to my music...". well, i've heard what amounts to the exact opposite of that. "Please Please Please listen to my music! My record label spent millions marketing it and I did lots of photo shoots for Hit Parader and Spin, and gave a bunch of reviewers a lot of free stuff so they'd like me! Please Please Please listen to my music!"

so, if you want to get worked up because i avoid the mainstream, go ahead. i know what i like and i know i'm not missing anything. that said, if you, or a close personal friend, enjoys the mainstream, thats your perogative. i know i can sometimes come off as condescending, and my apologies if that has been the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home