Lunch Should Be Longer

Work, Home, Rest, and Play...it's always a great day at work...

Wednesday, January 30, 2002

yes gabe, i think your point is, to us, music is not just entertainment.

much like a good story, novel, or film can show us some truth of human existence, so too can a good song. and its that search for truth that is sometimes depressing, because the mainstream has little to offer. radio, rap-metal, etc, so much of what is pushed at us is nothing but a bunch of bullshit posturing- "I'm bad, I'll kick your face in and take your girl, I'm bad, did I mention I wear a scary mask, oh man I'm so bad".

i guess i have better luck finding things that suit my taste, because i've never felt like i've found all that there is to find. every week i hear of a new band, read interviews with a new band, hear a new band, or if i'm lucky, see a new band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home