Lunch Should Be Longer

Work, Home, Rest, and Play...it's always a great day at work...

Thursday, November 29, 2001

i had a very strange dream last night, and i don't mind if i share it. i was in this bookstore, i think i was in New York City for some reason. there was a cute girl working the register, and there was a professional looking guy in the store looking at magazines. I was looking at the Time and Newsweek magazines and the guy asked me if I'd read them, and I said I hadn't read the newest Time but I'd read the next to last one, but not the Newsweek. Then he said something about the magazines to indicate that he was in some way related to one or both of them. Then I remembered that I read Newsweek, not Time, and corrected myself.

I somehow struck up a friendly conversation with the girl behind the counter. It was one of those things (these happen in real-life) where I was just talking and being nice but somehow it felt like I was also flirting (I'm a real spaz when it comes to talking to the opposite sex, this is one example). Anyway, somewhere in my conversation with the girl I did happen to mention that I had a fiance (Jayna always gets on my case about this, I have a habit of talking to girls and not mentioning the fact that I'm engaged (well lets face it, its a strange thing to bring up in a platonic conversation)).

Anyway, the professional guy then comes over to the counter and says, "Hey, Micah, would you and your friend here like to come see a show on Broadway?" He gives me his business card and says to give him a call and we'll make solid plans. After he leaves, I spend a long time trying to decipher his business card, because there are about five names on it and I can't figure out which one was him.

CPR: 65% PPR: 76% now spinning: until the flood came

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home