Lunch Should Be Longer

Work, Home, Rest, and Play...it's always a great day at work...

Sunday, January 27, 2002

its always painful to watch the Steeler's blow a big game. here's my analysis:

1. special teams lost the game. take back the FG block and the punt return, and you subtract between 4 and 14 points off the board. Steeler's win.

2. Kordell didn't win the game. He tried too hard at the end, forced it like back in the old days, and threw two bum interceptions in the final four minutes. He really matured this year, but the great ones thrive under pressure in the final five minutes. Kordell performed less like Joe Montana, and more like Neil O'donnell. I think he has the potential for greatness, and I think in the AFC Championship game next year, he will prove it.

3. The offensive play calling was piss-poor. In the first half, I was reduced to a babbling mass of insanity as they tried to pitch it to Jerome Bettis and run him around the ends. No. That doesn't fly. Run Amos Z. around the ends, and keep Bettis between the tackles. Mike Mularkey was a fantastic offensive coordinator all year, but today he really blew it. I think they got "Bus-itis", and forgot about the talent and speed of Amos Z.

now playing: helmet, aftertaste. man does this album kick my butt. CPR: 0% (i'm typing this). PPR: 100% (as i study my cues for cuckoo's nest). HHDG [Hopeful High Duckpin Game]: 178 (i think i have it in me, and last week i really picked it up as the night went on, so i'm hoping to start out at a higher level than i started last week).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home